Saturday, July 4, 2009

Glimmer Mist Painted Lotus Blossoms


The Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast is to choose an item from Posters.com for your inspiration. I am so in love with the new Mother Teresa sets this month from Our Daily Bread Designs, so I couldn't help but pick one of the posters with lotus blossoms!!! I chose this poster, with the pink lotus and black frame. Using masking, I stamped the lotus several times with Stazon Jet Black, and watercolored using Glimmer Mist for everything but the water and the flower centers. I used Rose Tea to paint the blossoms, Mustard Seed for the foliage, and sprayed Glacier over everything when done......yes, I am addicted to Glimmer Mist.!!! Unfortunately, I couldn't get the true sparkle to come through on camera, even though I took about 25 different photos....argh! The pink is very irridescent in real life!
This card layout is from Card Positioning Systems, Sketch CPS122. I tried to keep it simple, so added quite a bit of paper piercing instead of over-doing the embellishments. The ribbon is from May Arts, and the black pearls are from Hero Arts. The white and image layers are watercolor paper.....the frames are Basic Black.

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful 4th of July!!!! God Bless!

7 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

How pretty, I like how you stamped the image across the background. Great job.

Kelley said...

So pretty, Ang!

Grace said...

Oh Angie.... this is wonderful!!! I had one all picked out with *WATER LILIES* hahaha!!! but no time... too much company and things going on... maybe next week! Love this and the glimmer mist is beautiful!!! Happy 4th of July my friend!!!

Natalie said...

Oh aren't Glimmer Mists fun and addicting, I agree! What a lot of work you put into this card! It's absolutely beautiful. Happy 4th to you and your family. God bless!

marcelle schauer said...

This is such a peaceful card, love the colors of the lilies. Makes me want to jusmp in and float with them.

Kim said...

Hello, Miss Ang!! This is so lovely! I can see the sparkles when I look at the card enlarged. Ever so pretty!

Kathy Jones said...

Another gorgeous card!!! I love how you used all that glimmer on it and they look beautiful on such a pretty pond!!!