Monday, September 21, 2009

Basic Grey Buttons and Brads

These two projects were made to showcase Basic Grey's button and brad collections, which coordinate with their awesome designer papers. Please see the full product review on the ODBD blog HERE.



The first card was cut with Spellbinders Nested Butterfly dies, layered with Basic Grey "Bittersweet" paper, and embellished with matching brads. The stamps are from the "Friendship" set, new from Our Daily Bread Designs this month.

The next card came about pretty quickly once I layed my hands on the new "Lemonade" paper...which had almost every button color in it!!! I just happened to have some gingham ribbon which matched the gingham stripe in the dp. The "flower" stems were punched with a Martha Stuart foliage punch. The verse is from another new ODBD set this month, called "Get Well".

Thanks for stopping by today! Don't forget to stop by the ODBD store this week and pick up your Basic Grey buttons and brads, which, by the way, are the Super Special Sale item.....20% off until Saturday night at midnight! Have a blessed day!!

15 comments:

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Angella, I love that shaped butterfly card! Using buttons has always been hard for me, so I am glad to have some cards to look at for inspiration! These are wonderful!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow girl!! I got the email from ODBD but it didn't show the projects or give me a link. I thought I would check here.

Wow, is this awesome!! You sure rock my friend!! Way to use those buttons and brads!! I may just have to case these beauties!!

Grace said...

Wow Angie!!! These are both super!!! I love the butterfly shape for a card! I absolutely adore the little flowers and buttons... the punched leaves and that dp! I'm hoarding that particular pattern because I love it so!!! I keep thinking if I just use strips of it I'll keep it longer! LOL! Great job highlighting these products Ange!!!

Betty Wright said...

YOU alone are going to make me get that butterfly die cut!!! Girl, this is fabulous!!! The button flower garden card is just outstanding!!!! AWEsome design and look!!! Beautifully done, Angie!!!

Natalie said...

Love the cards, Angella!! They are so cute! Especially like the buttons on the "cheerful" card! Outstanding as usual!!

Anonymous said...

Angie, these projects are beautiful! I LOVE how you did the button flowers and sun! CUTE!
~Chelsea

Jane Wetzel said...

Hey Ang! This button card goes rite into my favs!! totally cute!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

These are both lovely- I never make cards with buttons- this card is especially lovely- I love the sentiment! TFS

Joan Ervin said...

Your cards are just gorgeous, Angella!!! You can't get any better that Basic Grey papers and ODBD stamps!!! I love the butterfly with all the pearls and the buttons are sooo cute....I have got to case your little flower garden!!!!

Kathy Jones said...

How COOL are these Angie!!!! Oh My, I loved that butterfly card and then I got hit with that totally fantastic button flower card!!!! TOTALLY AWESOME my friend!!! ~hugs~

Connie M. said...

Both of these are just so amazing, Angie!! Love the butterfly shaped card, and the button flowers on the second is just adorable!

Kelley said...

Super duper cutie patootie!!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

That butterfly card is so lovely. The paper you selected is perfect for the pink & brown challenge. I love all the brads too. So happy you could play along with us at the OCC this week!

Unknown said...

What awesome cards! Thanks for playing along with us at OCC this week!!!

Kim said...

The butterfly is lovely and I am so impressed with your used of buttons on that second card! I have those buttons and can't seem to think of ways to use them. I love your way! And I also love the way you made the layered "soil" with the Lemonade paper! Kewl!