Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Bible Verse Thursday - He is Our Protector

Today's theme for Bible Verse Thursday Challenge over at Christian Paper Crafts is "He Is Our Protector". I see so much fear in people all over these days....fear of the economy, fear of losing their jobs, fear of illness, fear of "the enemy" and so on. Fear is a horrible, paralyzing emotion.....I was plagued with it for most of my life. The Lord helped me to release the fear from my life....I didn't even realize that I was trapped until I was set free!! There is nothing to fear but fear itself....think about those words.....fear IS the horrible thing we are to fear....not the "things" we are normally afraid of! As long as we abide in Him, He will never forsake us....He will ALWAYS protect us...He will always provide....if we BELIEVE!!! One of my favorite verses I like to read, which keeps me strong and reminds me that there is only God and no reason to fear, is Isaiah 45:7. God tells us,"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things." If you ever find yourself afraid of the dark, literally or figuratively, read this verse and become strong!!


Today's project was centered around Bible Verse Thursday, however, I have used Jen's Color Monday Challenge, to use turquoise, orange, and white; plus, I have used Gloria's Sketch Tuesday Challenge as well. This card was very fun to make.... the colors stretched me a bit and the sketch forced me to keep it simple....which I need those nudges at times!!! The verse is from "You Will Find Refuge" from Our Daily Bread designs, the pearls are Basic Grey Opaline, the paper is K and Company "Que Sera", and the flower is a Prima which I sprayed with Mimosa Glimmer Mist. For the flower stems, I punched them out with a Martha Stuart punch from the dsp, then doused them with Turquoise Blue Glimmer Mist. I have also used the Clean and Simple Challenge (make a project about spring), and Ways to Use It Challenge ( to use orange on your project) from SplitcoastStampers. And last, but not least, I have used the Pile It On Challenge #6 to use flowers!


The close-up shot really shows the shimmer and glimmer!!! The entire card was then sprayed with Pearl Glimmer Mist....I love this stuff!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Don't forget to check out the challenges over at Christian Paper Crafts!!!! Have a very blessed day!

7 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

O.k. let me try this again. My puter just shut down on me while I was typing my comment :C. I absolutely love, love, love this card, Angie!!! The paper, the scripture and that flowers...so awesome. I am not a bright colors kind of gal, but this card is so beautiful!!! And you could not have picked a better scripture my friend!! Love it!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Audrey said...

What a lovely card. That flower is wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at Pile It On.

Kelley said...

Girl you NEED some Dazzling Diamonds!!! This card is beautiful!!

Kay's Creative Corner said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Love your flower and the way you use glimmer mist.

Betty Wright said...

Beautiful and wonderfully done, Angie! Thanks for sharing a very poignant message, too! FEAR is False Evidence Appearing Real! Blessings to you and yours!

Jennifer said...

This is such a sweet card! Thanks for joining us at PIO. Hugs!

Rosanne said...

Pretty! Thanks for Piling It On!