Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Wedding Gift and Card

This past weekend was a wedding reception for my brother, Brad, and his wife, Autymn! Today I am sharing the wedding card and gift which I made for them. Though the card took eight hours to complete, it was soooo fun to make and soooo worth it in the end!!!



I actually made this card while doing a Product Review on Prima Flowers for Our Daily Bread designs. I would like to share a few tidbits about this card that may not be noticeable to the "untrained" eye!
Tidbit number 1: The green portion of the card is actually the packaging insert from the Prima Flower package....most of their packaging is recycle-able....and very beautiful too! I cut out the center with a Spellbinders Labels Four die, layered it, then popped it up for the scripture panel. The white outside mat I cut by hand around the packaging insert.
Tidbit number 2: These "Alabaster Round Petals" flowers come in one size only in a package of six.....I wanted smaller flowers as companions, so I deconstructed two of them with an exacto knife....the large pieces I will embellish and re-use later.
Tidbit number 3: The green leaves you see are actually the backing of the same flowers.....I couldn't stand for them to be "hidden" and go to waste, so I de-constructed those too and used them for leaves!
I think Prima would be proud to see my recycling skills! lol!!!

If you have ever read any of the articles I write for the Our Daily Bread designs blog, you would know that my favorite descriptive word to describe their stamps is VERSATILE!!! This card proves that fact! The verse I used is from the ODBD set, "For The Graduate" and the Congrats sentiment is from "As You Graduate"! Yep, two graduation sets used for a wedding card!!



Other supplies used for the card: LOTS of Pearl Glimmer Mist, (especially on the flowers), Spellbinders Fancy Tags, lace ribbon, Martha Stewart foliage punch, and Zva Creative pearls.

For their wedding gift, I printed out the Mother Teresa poem, "Anyway", on vellum and adhered it to some Prima designer paper. Using the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Border Punch, I punched two strips of the same paper, sponged the edges, adhered it to the vellum layer, then embellished it with light green Zva Creative Pearls.

The Fun On Friday Challenge over at Christian Paper Crafts this past Friday was to make anything altered. I had this done Saturday for the wedding, but I'm a little slow at posting!!


Here is a close up of the poem. These powerful words have moved me over and over again.....Mother Teresa was such a brilliant human being! My new sister in law loves Mother Teresa also, so I just had to make a frame as a gift!



Thanks for stopping by today! Come back tomorrow for the Bible Verse Thursday Challenge at Christian Paper Crafts, plus a new Stamping In Time: On Assignment Challenge at the Our Daily Bread designs blog.

Many blessings to you!!!

5 comments:

Grace said...

Absolutely gorgeous on both Angie!!! It doesn't get any prettier!!!

Jane Wetzel said...

OMG...Ang..INCREDIBLY BEAUTIFUL..AMAZING..LOVE this!!!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Angie your projects are all just awesome!!! You inspired me to buy some of those flowers BTW!

尚舒 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelley said...

So totally gorgeous!