Saturday, December 11, 2010

Count Your Blessings

Hi everyone! This is a birthday card for my friend, Lori. The sentiment stamp is new this month from Our Daily Bread designs....it's the latest addition to the "Full of Grace" Collection, called "Blessings". The paper is Basic Grey "Sugar Rush", the pearls are Zva Creative, the May Arts ribbon was tied with a Bow Easy, and though you can't see it from this angle, there are about five sprays of "Pearl" Glimmer Mist. The Spellbinders dies I used are Lacey Squares, Labels Fifteen and Big Scalloped Ovals. The border of the designer paper was punched with an EK Success Dotted Scallop Border Punch.



There were some awesome challenges this week to help me with the design:
I knew as soon as I saw this cool sketch from Card Positioning Systems, it was the right one for Lori's card;
Splitcoast's Inspiration Challenge: I chose this super cute Giverny dress from the Shabby Apple Store...when I saw the colors, it reminded me of this Sugar Rush paper;
Frosted Designs: Use Ribbon;
Paper Make-up: Inspiration photo with lavenders, green, orange, etc.;
Studio 313: Sparkle and bling....okay, you can see the bling, but I promise there is tons of Glimmer Mist here too...please click on the close-up view!;
Freshly Brewed Challenges: Sparkle and Shine.




Thanks so much for stopping by today! Have a blessed weekend!!!


9 comments:

Jami said...

Angie, this is stunning. I just love all the scalloped edges and pearls and that perfect bow! Beautiful!!

Tina said...

Wowsa, this is so pretty! I love all those feminine details and the pearls. What a beauty!

Tracey said...

This is so pretty. I love the pearl flourish. Thanks for playing along with at Fresh Brewed Challenges.
Hugs,
Tracey

Unknown said...

What a very classy, elegant card!!! Thanks for playing with us at Frosted Designs!!

Shawne said...

Hi Angela, I'm glad you found our challenge and thank you for joining! Your card is absolute perfection really gorgeous details and the sparkle and bling are beautiful!

Unknown said...

Thank you ever so much for joining us at Fresh brewed designs this week!
Lovely work!

Barb Craft said...

Wow! I love everything about this card...from the sentiment to the ribbon, to the flourishes! All of it is gorgeous! Thanks for taking on our ribbon challenge at Frosted Designs this week!
Barb :)

Christi Flores said...

OMG girl!! This is gorgeous!! Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge!!!

Kelly Schelske said...

Just gorgeous Angella! Love the pretty color palette!
Thanks for joining in the fun with us at The Studio 313 Hotspot!

Happy Holidays,
Kelly