Saturday, May 5, 2012

Queen For The Day, Betty Wright!!!


Happy Saturday, everyone!  Yesterday, Betty Wright, my dear friend and fellow "Breadstick" (Our Daily Bread designs Design Team sister),  was dubbed "Queen For The Day" over at Splitcoast Stampers.  I could not pass up the opportunity to help her celebrate, so I chose this beautiful card to case.  I have not used the "Crayon Resist" Technique in years, so I had to give it a shot!  Luckily I had my white crayon stored in my marker bin, so that I didn't have to dig for it!! :)

Check out Betty's gallery here, or her amazing blog, Crafting With Betty.....leave her some love, huh?



If you haven't tried the Crayon Resist Technique, check out the tutorial HERE on Splitcoast....it's very simple and fun!  Simply Stamp your image (permanent ink) on Glossy Cardstock, then mark through your image with a white crayon.  Using a sponge dauber, sponge color over the panel, then wipe off the excess ink that did not absorb due to the waxy crayon.  Voila....you now have a cool scene!

Card 'Ingredients':
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs 'Happy Retirement' (scene) , 'Randi's Song' (background), and 'Count The Waves' (sentiment);
Cardstock: Stampin Up Calypso Coral, Whisper White, Glossy White, and Naturals White;
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Stampin Up Inks and Markers;
Accessories: White Crayon, May Arts Twill Ribbon, Dew Drops, Sponge Daubers, Foam Tape;
Size: A2.


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a very blessed weekend!!!

2 comments:

Sherry Kushibab said...

Saw this on SCS - had to check out further, WOW another fun technique to remember to try.....your card is just outstanding....love that new sentiment with it.

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Angie! I really love this, yet again - I love all your work. Hope you will consider stopping by Word Art Wednesday and playing along with us when you are able. Remember, we have free scripture/word art ever week for our visitors. We'd love to have you join in the fun! Hope to see you soon.
Blessings,
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com