Saturday, November 10, 2012

Wishing You Peace / CASE-ing Chris!

Happy Saturday, everyone!  I have incorporated several challenges for my card today.  My dear sweet  ODBD Design Team sister, Chris Olsen, was dubbed Queen for the Day at Splitcoast a couple of weeks ago....I was swamped with "life stuff" then and didn't have a chance to re-create one of her cards. Better late than never, right?  I chose this gorgeous card from her amazing gallery as my inspiration, along with this week's Shining the Light Challenge, which is to make an all white card....this was a bit challenging for me!  I will also be submitting to the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast.....I chose this beautiful lacy gown from Angelic Dreamz for inspiration.

Our Daily Bread designs Christmas Flourished Verses Designer Angie Crockett

The beautiful sentiment I used is from the "Christmas Flourished Verses" set by Our Daily Bread designs....I absolutely love the swirly font!!!  The card base was cut out with Spellbinders Grand Labels One using my Grand Calibur and the layers are Labels One and Decorative Labels One.  The sentiment tag is from the Spellbinders Fancy Framed Tags One set.  Though I did not use flowers as Chris did, I had to include the "Fanciful Flourish" by Cheery Lynn Designs!

Our Daily Bread designs Christmas Flourished Verses Designer Angie Crockett

Card 'Ingredients':
Stamps: Our Daily Bread designs 'Christmas Flourished Verses';
Cardstock: Stampin Up 'Whisper White';
Designer Paper: SEI 'White Elegance';
Accessories: 'Pearl' Glimmer Mist, May Arts Sheer Ribbon, Bow Easy, Zva Creative Pearls, Spellbinders Grand Labels One, Labels One, Decorative Labels One, and Fancy Framed Tags One, foam tape, Cheery Lynn Designs 'Fanciful Flourish';
Size: 5 x 5.

Our Daily Bread designs Christmas Flourished Verses Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by today!  Have a blessed weekend!!!

Our Daily Bread designs Designer and Blog Writer Angie Crockett

3 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Ang!!! This is stunning!! I just love all the shimmer and your use of dies with the details. It is much better than the card you cased in my humble opinion...LOL! Thanks so much for casing one of my cards!! What an honor!! Now it is my turn to case you...Queen!! You are so deserving dear friend. Can't wait to get started...don't know where to start in your GORGEOUS gallery. You are beautiful inside and out dear friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Thanks also for supporting the Shining the Light challenge!! You aced the white on white with this elegant beauty!! mwaah!!

Kelley said...

Ang, I just love the shimmery white. It is so pretty, and all the dies and details make it even more beautiful!!!

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Angie...this is GORGEOUS!! I love the show casing of the word Peace, awesome use of all the dies, and wow on the shimmery paper!!
Hugs