Thursday, June 20, 2013

Adopt the Pace of Nature!

Hi, everyone! Today I would like to share a birthday card for my friend, Jo, who will be 85 years young this weekend!  Seriously, other than a few more wrinkles, she is more "with it" than I am in my 40's!!!  Her favorite color is yellow, so I used daffodil and coral along with the new "Heaven's Masterpiece" set from North Coast Creations.  In case you are not aware, Our Daily Bread designs is the parent company of North Coast Creations.  If you like going to stamping/scrapbooking shows, you might check out their Show Schedule HERE........you can visit both companies; their booths are usually set up side by side.



The card base was cut out with Spellbinders Scalloped Squares and the image panel is Square Nestabilities.  So often we all use our fancy shaped die cuts.....this time around, I thought I'd go with a more basic approach.  The silhouette from "Heaven's Masterpiece" was inked first in daffodil yellow, then I used a coral ink pad around the edges (the Rock and Roll technique). Paper piercing, Zva pearls and a simple white bow were added for finishing touches.

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings,


1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful Card!!!Love the colors,the design is awesome!!!