Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Lattice Framed Quatrefoil Heart

Hi, everyone!  It's another "snow day" for me, so instead of going to work this morning, I headed to my stamp room to finish this tribute to my dear sweet designer sister, Robin Clendinning aka stamperrobin, who was dubbed Queen For The Day over at Splitcoast Stampers......congrats, Robin!!!!  Her gallery is full of amazing techniques and so many different styles....eye candy for everyone!!!  I chose this gorgeous card as inspiration for my card.  I originally planned to keep the all-white theme, but decided to mix in some pink since I will be sending it to Kelley for the ODBD show booth (she loves pink!!)  For this card, I have used some new dies from Our Daily Bread designs.  The frame was created by cutting out four lattice borders from the ODBD Custom Beautiful Borders Die Set, stenciled each with pink ink, then a mitre cut was used on the corners in order to piece them together.  The scalloped heart frame was cut out by combining the two largest dies from the ODBD Custom Ornate Hearts Die Set. The small pink heart in the center was cut by hand after tracing the outside edge of the die which cut out the flourish heart from the "Bless Your Heart" set.  The Quatrefoil Pattern Die, cut in white, was trimmed to fit and adhered to the back of the scalloped heart frame and then popped up with foam tape for dimension. 

ODBD Custom Ornate Hearts Die Set, ODBD Custom Beautiful Borders Die Set, ODBD Quatrefoil Pattern Die, Bless Your Heart Stamp set, Card Designer Angie Crockett

I will also be submitting this for this week's ODBD Shining the Light 'L-O-V-E' Challenge....L = lattice border, O=Ornate Hearts,V=Valentine, E=embossed die cuts.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings,

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

9 comments:

JD/ Jill said...

This is so pretty. Pink is my favorite color...so You know I love this...I hope the show that your card is going to be displayed...is the show that will coming my way soon...then I can see it in real life.

Robin Clendenning said...

Gorgeous and thank you so much! I am totally honored that you made such a card cased from one of mine!!! Of course, yours is W-A-Y prettier than mine mile a country mile! I LOVE the oink and white and you did such an awesome job mitering that I can't even see the cut!!!! Just WOW! This card rock!

Linda Carson said...

Soooooooo gorgeous!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Angie!! I just love this!! Your background with white and your layout with the heart and pink is stunning!! What die did you use for the background. I love it!!

Thanks for sharing and supporting the ODBD challenge this week sweet friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Angie...what a BEAUTIFUL card...Love the soft tones and textures...and all the new sets out for February!!

CherylQuilts said...

Miss Angie, you absolutely ROCK! This is one gorgeous card, and I am still in awe of your creativity and skill at using this new ODBD border die to mitre it into a fabulously lacy frame! What a beautiful card that is so soft in color and delicate with the beautiful dies and wonderful ribbon! Thanks so much for supporting the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! It's our joy to have you...and to take the time to leave some blog love to our other precious gals who've entered this week's challenge! Warm hugs, sweet friend!

Linda Carson said...

I adore this card but I especially adore you supporting the CT this week! Thank you dear Angie!

wendy2512 said...

WOWZERS...Love the pretty hearts and the lacey die-cuts finished with that beautiufl bow...gorgeous....TFS..:0)

Greta said...

Oh how I love this beautiful card!