Friday, July 11, 2014

Tranquility of the Sea

Happy Friday!! Woo hoo, the weekend is almost here!!! Do you have any fun plans? If the humidity is low, I will definitely spend some time outside, but if not, my air-conditioned stamp room always welcomes me!!

Today's Friday Free 4 All Challenge over at Splitcoast is to create a project with a vacation theme.....I needed another masculine birthday card, so I chose to use the ocean image from "The Mighty Sea", a sentiment from the "Fishing" Mini-set and a new banner die from the ODBD Custom Pennants Die Set.....all from Our Daily Bread designs. The card design is based on this gorgeous card from the immense gallery of Janine aka Jay_Bee, who was just dubbed Queen for the Day......congrats, Janine!!!  Instead of designer paper, I chose to use burlap ribbon instead for more of a masculine look, plus it matches the linen thread which was wrapped around the banner tag.  The scene was colored partly with markers and some sponging with ink pads and sponge daubers.

ODBD The Mighty Sea, Fishing, ODBD Custom Pennants Die Set, Card Designer Angie Crockett

As always, thanks so much for stopping by!!!

God bless!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

1 comment:

JD/ Jill said...

This is really pretty! I like your design and how you added the burlap! This is my all time very favorite ODBD stamps...I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing pretty cards like this made using this stamp.