Saturday, November 21, 2015

A Friend Touches Your Heart

Happy Saturday, everyone!  Today's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast is to choose a photo from Audrie's Inspiration Pinterest Board.....I fell in love with these gorgeous mini-wedding cakes!!! For my card, I started with a pink card base, rounded the corners to mimic the shape of the cakes, cut two branches with the ODBD Custom Lovely Leaves Dies and colored the centers brown, then added a layered flower cut with the ODBD Custom Birds and Nest Dies Set with a pearl center.  The white panel was also rounded, paper pierced, stamped with the Bless Your Heart set in pink, then overstamped the sentiment from Quote Collection 4 in black.  The pink satin cord was added to mimic the pink around the bottom of the cakes. The pink cord frayed when cut, so I put craft glue on the ends, then once they were dried, I cut them into shape.

ODBD Custom Lovely Leaves Dies, ODBD Custom Birds and Nest Dies, ODBD Bless Your Heart, ODBD Quote Collection 4, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Before I go, I would like to request that prayers be sent up for my dear, sweet designer sister, Grace Nywening, who is going through treatment for breast cancer.  Please see this blog post for more details about Grace.  Thank you for your prayers!!

Have a blessed weekend!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

No comments: