Saturday, July 16, 2016

Thank You Daisies

Happy Saturday!!  This week's Inspiration Challenge over at Splitcoast is for all of us flower lovers out there!  Choose an arrangement from the Petals website for inspiration for your card or project.  I needed to make a thank you card for my sister for organizing a party for my 50th birthday last weekend.  She loves anything yellow and summer-y so I chose the Shasta Daisies for inspiration.  I started out by stamping the 'Daisy' image from Our Daily Bread designs, die-cutting the frame/image panel around it with the ODBD Custom Ornate Ovals Dies, sponged the oval edges with green and kraft (like the photo) while still inside the die (the daisies were masked), then removed the mask and colored the image with markers.  Since the flowers in my inspiration photo were on a wooden counter, I used the 'Wood Background' stamp with Versamark on a Kraft card base, stamped the sentiment from 'Forever Friends' and popped up the image panel with foam tape.  I could have added ribbon and bling, but I liked it simple and plain, especially so that I could mail it with one stamp.  :)

ODBD Custom Ornate Ovals Dies, ODBD Daisy, ODBD Wood Background, ODBD Forever Friends, Card Designer Angie Crockett

Thanks for stopping by!

Have a blessed weekend!!

ODBD Designer Angie Crockett

1 comment:

JD/ Jill said...

Beautiful card...and Happy Belated Birthday!